Drug and alcohol rehab centres abroad are a very valid option for those seeking help. But before examining why, let’s look back a little in the history of the drug and alcohol user. Heavy drinkers and drug users very often come to a place in life when alcoholism and addiction take over. Some, if not all, elements of life become totally unmanageable, and pressures mount incessantly. Everywhere the addict goes and everything the alcoholic does, on a daily basis, is connected to alcohol or drugs; friends and associates, the things in the house, music, clothing, neighbourhoods – the whole shebang is linked to the primary purpose of the sufferer – to consume substances, and find ways and means to consume more.
When an addict or alcoholic becomes sick and tired of being sick and tired, and when the efforts to go ‘cold turkey’ or utilise home detox have proved useless and painful, something must change. Having spent many weeks months or years in a hopeless cycle of trying to control substance use by grasping 2 to 3 days of abstinence, the addict and alcoholic normally finds a hundred excuses to take the insane decision to use again. Hence, trying to get clean and sober is very, very difficult – especially during the early stages when the urge to use drugs or drink is intense. Most sufferers, in reality, have no idea what it really takes to withdraw and be ready for recovery.
Eventually, often out of desperation, it becomes evident that to increase the chances of staying off drugs, exploring the possibilities a short, mid, or long term stint in drug or alcohol rehab centres abroad, or at home, could be a valid alternative to the endless cycle of failure and despair.
So why consider drug and alcohol rehab centres abroad, over those at home? There are many good reasons. Centres at home are plagued by drawbacks and unavoidable triggers.
Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centres Abroad – What the Addict and Alcoholic Escapes
- Family, friends, and work pressures nearby – Nothing like these pressures to attack the conscience
- Suppliers Nearby – The magnetic force of easy availability is fatal to addicts and alcoholics
- Ease of contact with other users – It’s the same magnet
- No change of environment – Staying close to home can be depressing and grey
- Bleak negative mindset – The sum-total of the drawbacks, very hard to overcome
- Expensive private alcoholism and addiction treatment
Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centres Abroad – What the Addict and Alcoholic Gains
- No family, friends, or work pressures in the vicinity, allowing concentration on the solutions
- No suppliers or pubs handy, which in reality is a huge relief
- No contact with other active users or drinkers – The magnet is neutralised
- A total change of environment is a major fillip
- A hopeful positive mind-set promoted by new environment and opportunity
- Affordable Private Treatment
Clearly, drug and alcohol rehab centres abroad offer a completely different landscape, literally and figuratively.
A question often asked is ‘Which rehab has the best program?’ The simple answer is ‘the one that you make it through, and emerge free of active addiction or alcoholism’. Drug and alcohol rehab centres abroad, away from all the negativity and triggers near home, without doubt increase the possibility of making it through, and finding a new happiness that can be taken home to help cope, or can be utilised in a total life change.
SafeHouse in Thailand is a prime example of drug and alcohol rehab centres abroad, and ticks all the boxes. The facilities and accommodation, the treatment program, and the wonderful environment are prime examples of rehab qualities that give an alcoholic or addict the best chance to ‘make it through, and emerge free’ from active substance abuse.
The case for considering drug and alcohol rehab centres abroad is clear and concise. After all, where is the downside? What is there to lose?